Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Little Stanley Street Restaurants

Little Stanley Street RestaurantsWe've had some real Winter weather here in Brisbane over the past few weeks, which is a bit of a novelty. What better way to enjoy it, than by spending some time out eating in some of the great restaurants the city has to offer. One precinct which has certainly expanded over the past 10 years is Little Stanley Street, adjacent to the South Bank Parklands. In this particular strip you will not only find boutique fashion shops, but a variety of restaurants as well. Most offer both indoor and al fresco dining, as well as take-away service.

Little Stanley Street RestaurantsThe variety is excellent. Ahmets is a licensed Turkish restaurant. The Gandhi Curry House offers Indian. Ginga is Japanese. Toscanis is Mediterranean / Italian. In addition there are Chinese, Vietnamese, Australian and others offering meals ranging from simple fare through to gourmet. You can even have the Aussie staples of steak and seafood!

I've had the pleasure at eating at a number of these restaurants, and although I'm no culinary master, I'd recommend most of them. The food is usually great. I've also found that the service in Brisbane is generally quite good, and especially in Summer when there is a lot to smile about. That said, given a rainy day in Brisbane when things are a bit slower, the staff seem even more likely to smile to give you a bit more warmth. Its all part of the reason why I love living here.

Cheers, I Love Brisbane, Wes.

Click Here for 2the Google Map Reference for this post.

3 comments:

Brett Gibson said...

Just browsing around when i stumbled across this blog. Living in Brisbane for just under a year now, and studying here for 4 years (commuting!), there's always something else you can find about the city that is pleasing.

Great blog. Very interesting read and I hope it continues.

Cheers,
Brett

Wes said...

Thanks for the comment Brett, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Cheers, Wes.

Larissa said...

I've been told by a friend to visit Brisbane soon. From your description here, it looks like a cool place to be, especially because of the food! LOL. I'm a foodie, so your number of cuisines intrigued me. I hope when I get there I can get some sales in Brisbane. Or food discounts. LOL.